I hope you had a wonderful summer – it is hard to believe tomorrow is back to school!
Here is the shape of our opening day…
9:00: Students report to last year’s classroom
10:00: Dismissal from last year’s classroom
Students will remain with me until our class organization has been finalized. We have not yet determined if we will be doing a straight Grade 2 class or 2/3 splits. These decisions will be made throughout the week, and students will most likely be moved to their new classroom on Friday. Please drop off and pick up your child with me until you hear otherwise!
**If your child is not returning to Strathcona, and you have not yet contacted the office, please do so as soon as possible.
**Students must bring a bagged lunch on Wednesday – there will be no Hot Lunch until Thursday.
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
Dear Division 21 families,
It was a pleasure having your children in my class this year – I have very much enjoyed watching them grow, develop in their learning, and change day to day.
Your children worked extremely hard and have learned and experienced so many new things…
From Blingja Breathing to butterflies, Southlands Farm to Splash n’ Dash, moving into a new classroom mid-year, performing at the Multicultural Fair, art projects, science workshops, the list goes on…we have laughed, played, learned, and enriched our lives in so many ways!
Your children will forever hold a special place in my heart and I will always have a great interest in their lives, wherever they may go, whatever they do, and whoever they become. So please be sure to keep in touch!
Thank you for all of your beautiful cards and generous gifts today – your support and kind words mean so much to me. My heart is full.
Have a wonderful summer and see you in September!
We are looking forward to seeing you all at the picnic today.
The parents and staff will be setting up at 11:00am. Students will be heading down to MacLean at 11:30.
What to wear/ bring:
- Food (please make sure your container is clearly labeled with your child’s name)
- Picnic blanket (optional)
- Hat and sunscreen
We will be heading back to the classroom at 1:00pm (students only).
In the afternoon will be watching a slideshow and handing out certificates.
See you at the park!
Please join us this morning for our last Family Reading session of the year!
Hope to see you there!
Thank you to everyone who returned their picnic form. We have plenty of chips, cookies, snack, etc., but are hoping for more sandwiches. If you are able to provide a few small sandwiches, please let us know!
Please make sure that the food is prepared and ready to go! We will not be bringing any utensils. Finger food only please!
If you have volunteered to help with the set up, please meet us at the classroom at 11:00am.
We are looking for one parent to drive the food to the park. If you are able to meet us on Keefer at 11:00am, please let us know.
We have plenty of volunteers to help with the clean-up. Please make sure all containers are labeled with your child’s name so that we can send them home at the end of the day.
You are welcome to bring a blanket to sit on!
It is hard to believe we are heading into our last two weeks of GRADE 1! The students have come so far since the beginning of the year and we are so proud of everything they have accomplished both socially and academically!
Here are a few important dates and reminders:
Tuesday June 27th: Beach Day @ Spanish Banks (All Day)
- We are looking for at least 5 parent volunteers to supervise small groups. We will be staying together for the day, but splitting the students into small groups makes things so much easier in terms of supervision. If you are interested in volunteering, please let us know as soon as possible. Please also let us know if you would like to join us on the bus or if you plan to meet us there.
- More information about what to wear/bring will be shared with you later this week!
Wednesday June 28th: La Casa Gelato (Afternoon only)
- You should have received a green field trip form in your child’s pochette on Friday – please return this to us ASAP!
- We do not require parent volunteers for this field trip as we have several staff members who are planning to join.
Thursday June 29th: Picnic @ MacLean Park (11:30-1:00)
- Thank you to everyone who has already returned their picnic form. Please be sure to get these back to us ASAP. We are hoping to have an idea of what people plan to bring so that we know that we will have enough food. We are also looking for parent volunteers to help with the set-up and clean-up. Merci!
- We will be sending home your child’s yellow folder containing all of their Term 3 “loose-leaf” work this Thursday
- We will be sending home all workbooks/duotangs/etc. in your child’s book box this Friday
- Art portfolios will be coming home next Monday (these will contain your child’s precious art work from the entire year!)
That’s all for now! I’m sure other things will pop up as the week goes on, so please stay tuned!
Be sure to check out our most recent art project up on display in the hallway! We watched The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, and then used his collage technique to make our own butterflies!