It is hard to believe we are heading into our last two weeks of GRADE 1! The students have come so far since the beginning of the year and we are so proud of everything they have accomplished both socially and academically!
Here are a few important dates and reminders:
Tuesday June 27th: Beach Day @ Spanish Banks (All Day)
- We are looking for at least 5 parent volunteers to supervise small groups. We will be staying together for the day, but splitting the students into small groups makes things so much easier in terms of supervision. If you are interested in volunteering, please let us know as soon as possible. Please also let us know if you would like to join us on the bus or if you plan to meet us there.
- More information about what to wear/bring will be shared with you later this week!
Wednesday June 28th: La Casa Gelato (Afternoon only)
- You should have received a green field trip form in your child’s pochette on Friday – please return this to us ASAP!
- We do not require parent volunteers for this field trip as we have several staff members who are planning to join.
Thursday June 29th: Picnic @ MacLean Park (11:30-1:00)
- Thank you to everyone who has already returned their picnic form. Please be sure to get these back to us ASAP. We are hoping to have an idea of what people plan to bring so that we know that we will have enough food. We are also looking for parent volunteers to help with the set-up and clean-up. Merci!
- We will be sending home your child’s yellow folder containing all of their Term 3 “loose-leaf” work this Thursday
- We will be sending home all workbooks/duotangs/etc. in your child’s book box this Friday
- Art portfolios will be coming home next Monday (these will contain your child’s precious art work from the entire year!)
That’s all for now! I’m sure other things will pop up as the week goes on, so please stay tuned!
Be sure to check out our most recent art project up on display in the hallway! We watched The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, and then used his collage technique to make our own butterflies!