As you know, we are going skating tomorrow at Britannia.
The plan is to walk to the rink – this time we will be going rain or shine!
Last year, my students were soaked on the walk and were unable to enjoy their time skating. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS DRESSED IN WARM WATERPROOF CLOTHES!
The plan is to leave the school shortly after 9:00am – please be on time! Students will come in and put away their backpacks, we will quickly go over the expectations, and then we will be on our way.
Please make sure your child wears / brings the following items:
- Warm, waterproof coat
- Thick socks (please also pack an extra pair of socks)
- Warm waterproof pants (e.g. snow pants or rain pants)
- Hat / Mittens
- Good waterproof walking shoes or boots
- Helmet (helmets are available at the rink, but we recommend that you bring your own..bike helmets are fine!)
- A change of clothes including socks (just in case they get wet). We will leave these at the school for when we return.
**Please make sure your child has a SNACK in a disposable wrapper that fits in their coat pocket.
**Please DO NOT send your child with any money (students will not be permitted to buy anything at the rink).
**Your child is welcome to bring their own skates, but will be responsible for carrying them on the walk. Skates are available at the rink.
Please meet the class at 9:00am as we will be leaving right away. I would really appreciate the help of 1-2 parents in getting the kids organized with their snacks and gear before we leave. I would appreciate everyone’s help in putting on the skates once we get to the rink. You are welcome to skate on the ice with us as well!
We will be returning at approximately 11:30am.
Merci et à demain!