This Tuesday (October 25th), we will be heading to the Southlands Heritage Farm to pick pumpkins, play with the farm animals, and learn about where our food comes from!
Please see the video below to learn more about the farm and catch a glimpse of what we will be doing on Tuesday. It is sure to be a great day!
**You must visit the blog page to view the video as it does not show up in the e-mail format.
Plan for the Day
|10:30||Students eat an early lunch in the classroom|
|11:00||Bus pick-up from Strathcona|
|11:45||Arrive at Southlands Farm|
|12:00-12:45||Tour of Farm|
|1:00||Bus pick-up from Southlands Farm|
|1:45||Arrive at Strathcona (students will have time to eat a snack or finish their lunches from earlier)|
Please remember to bring the following items on Tuesday:
- A packed lunch (including students on the Hot Lunch program)
- A snack (for after we return from the farm)
- Rubbers boots and warm, old clothing
- A bag for the pumpkin, clearly labeled with your child’s name (cloth/biodegradable bags preferred as last year we had many plastic bags break!)
- Students will be expected to carry their own pumpkins back to the school
- Please make sure your child is wearing old clothing as the farm can get extremely muddy
- Rubber boots are required (even if the weather is sunny)
For more information, please visit the Southlands Farm website by clicking here.
You can also check out this video of Farmer Jordan who we will be meeting on Tuesday!