The first week is behind us, and we have begun the process of establishing our class routines. Students can expect consistency of routines and procedures throughout their day. Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing new programs (e.g. Language Arts, Math, etc.) that will help the students be successful in their learning and in the classroom. This process usually takes at least a month because we add a few things to get used to each week.
In the first few days, we’ve done the following:
- Started to get to know the names of our new friends
- Figured out workable seating plans
- Introduced class behaviour expectations (Please ask your child to explain what “Whole Body Listening” means.)
- Started to learn daily routines (e.g. pochettes, morning work, recess, lunch, quiet time, etc.)
- Started to get used to Grade 1 opening and dismissal procedures
- Started to explore various activity centres
One of the next routines we will begin establishing is ‘Montre et raconte’ (Show and Tell). We will be doing various “themed” Show and Tells throughout the year. Our first theme will be “All About Me”. We have marked your child’s day on the attached calendar. Please help your child prepare 3 things about her/himself for her/his first ‘Montre et raconte’ day. S/he should be able to:
- Tell us about 1 hobby (“J’aime…..”)
- Tell us 1 thing s/he is good at (“Je suis bon(ne) à….”)
- Show her/his favourite toy (“J’ai un….”)
Your child is encouraged to bring photos or objects to illustrate their 3 points. Also, if you need help in figuring out how to say something in French, please send us a note and we would be happy to help!
|‘Montre et raconte’ – September 2016|